Our educational visit to Avontuur last week was so rewarding and enjoyable, I thought you would like to go and visit them if you have not already done so. It really has a lovely ambience and Cobie van Oort will make you so welcome and will take care of your guests very well.
I am sending to you a list of the packages they offer and an enrolment form. Cobie asks that if you go there you should fax the form to her first, on Fax: 021 855-4600, so she can advise you what is on offer. If you are driving past and just happen to call in, do make known that you are a CTGA member as she will be very pleased to meet with you.
I hope you will find it well worth your while – we certainly did!
ESTATE ACTIVITY PACKAGES/EVENTS
- Test your Taste Buds: Up to 30 pax. Bookings essential for larger groups. Small groups can be accommodated on arrival, but it may take a while to set up. R45 pp. 30-45 minutes.
- Stud farm visits: Bookings essential and depending on activities at the Stud at the time. Entry restricted. Mostly for particular interest groups ie. Breeders, race horse owners etc. 30 – 60 minutes.
- Vineyard & Cellar Tour: Tour of vineyard, cellar, maturation cellar & tasting of 5 wines. App 1 hour. R50.00 per person. Groups 6-10 people. Only by appointment.
- Harvest festival: Be part of the harvest during Feb/March. Week days only. Groups 6-10 people. R200.00 per person (including Avontuur Breakfast, bubbly & coffee). Bookings essential. Team-building exercises can be arranged for larger groups and will be quoted according to brief from client. Duration depends on client brief.
- Wine blending Option 1 for large groups & corporates: Blending seminar by wine maker, Natalie Nel @ R 40.00 per person. Cost of “winning blend” – R60 per bottle. Group must purchase 360 bottles (1 barrel) of “winning blend”. Meals can be arranged additionally. Bookings essential. Duration: Depending on brief.
- Wine blending Option 2 for smaller groups: Informal blending exercise with winemaker. R100 pp. First taste 3 of Avontuur’s blends and then make up your own blend with 3 different varietals. Each participant gets to take a bottle of the blend home. Bookings essential. Duration: 1 Hour.
- Gourmet Food and Wine evenings & functions: Phone Zunia @ Avontuur
Estate Restaurant for more information – Tel: 855 4296. E-mail:
- Wine Sales to Europe/US: Avontuur stocks wine in Brussels,
Belgium and transport costs to Europe from SA is subsidized
by the Estate. In this way, visitors to the tasting room can purchase wine in
SA, but have it delivered to their homes at a substantially lower price than
shipping from SA. A similar operation is available for the US via our agents
- Tailor-made tasting : Tasting of 5 wines of your choice at R20.00 per person.
Reservations: email@example.com, 021 855-4350 (Tasting Room)