WINTER EDUCATIONAL TO KLEIN KAROO
AND GARDEN ROUTE
The winter educational tours to the
Klein Karoo and the Garden Route planned firstly for 20-24 July and
then for 24-28 August were unfortunately both cancelled due to lack
However, the CTGA had such an overwhelming
response from the service providers, who were very enthusiastic about
meeting with us and willingly offered their facilities and services
either on a complimentary basis or at a very minimal fee, that the Executive
Committee would like to show our appreciation to them and thank them
for their generous offers and support.
The service providers
we wish to thank are:
- Mega Coach Cape Town
- Hylton Ross Tours, Cape Town
- Nuy Wine Farm, close to Robertson
- Barrydale Wine Cellars in Barrydale
- Clarke of the Karoo at Barrydale
- The Nature College, Riversdale
- Amalienstein Mission Station, Amalienstein
- De Krans Winery in Calitzdorp
- Cango Ostrich Farm, Oudtshoorn
- Klein Karoo International, Oudtshoorn
- Kleinplaas Holiday Resort, Oudtshoorn
- Buffelsdrift Game Lodge, Oudtshoorn
- Knysna Elephant Park, Plettenberg Bay
- Simon’s Eatery, Knysna Elephant Park, Plettenberg Bay
- Birds of Eden, Plettenberg Bay
- Ocean Blue Adventures, Plettenberg Bay
- The Point Hotel, Mossel Bay
- Garden Route Game Lodge, Albertinia
- Aloe Ferox in Albertinia
- Alcare in Albertinia
- The Old Jail at Riversdale
- The Swellengrebel Hotel in Swellendam
- Grootbos near Hermanus
Tourism offices at the following
centres were extremely helpful and accommodating:
- Rita Viljoen (Worcester)
- John Lewer (Kingna Lodge Montagu)
- Derek Young (Montagu)
- Hettie Weymar (Ladismith)
- Erina Meiring (Ladismith/Calitzdorp)
- Cyril Clarke (Oudsthoorn)
- Marcia Holm (Mossel Bay)
- Sunette Botes (Riversdale)
- Clifton (Bredasdorp)
Our sincere thanks to all of you – maybe we can try it again at a later date?
Wines, Restaurant Barrique, HudsonsRestaurant, Classic Cats Jaquar car hire, and Cape Town Lion Park.
Avontuur Wine and Thoroughbred Estate
INTRODUCTION TO AVONTUUR ESTATE
Avontuur Wine and Thoroughbred Estate is situated on the southwestern slopes of the Helderberg on the R44 road which connects Somerset West and Stellenbosch, in South Africa's prime wine growing district.
The Estate boasts a cosy tasting
room where tastings of all Avontuur wines are conducted daily
as well as a restaurant offering a mediterranean-inspired a-la-carte
menu with daily and seasonal specials. Patrons are welcome to
sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the view over False Bay or
in Winter, inside, in front of the
Lying restfully amongst the vines on the estate is the beautiful Avontuur
Stud Farm where the emphasis has always been on quality rather than
quantity. Resident stallion, VAR is an exciting addition to the South African breeding scene with many of his progeny proving their worth on tracks around the country.
For more information on the Estate, check out our website on
www.avontuurestate.co.za or contact us at Telephone +27 021 855-3450 or Fax
+27 855-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature College
The Nature College is an accredited
training provider with THETA and SASSETA, and are also
CyberTracker & FGASA assessors. It operates from the 3400ha Aardvark
Nature Reserve between Ladismith and Riversdale in the Little Karoo.
Johan Fourie (National Nature Guide Level 4, SKS Dangerous Game, Track
& Sign Specialist, ETDP & THETA Assessor & Moderator) is
in charge of all training.
We only offer SAQA registered programmes
and offer the full range of Nature Guide qualifications. All our
programmes have full approval.
What makes us different?
- Experience – Johan Fourie has 27 years of experience in guiding in South Africa, and 10 years of experience in guide training.
- The personal touch – you are not a number. We know your name and deal with your unique needs. We maintain a long-term relationship with all our students.
- We have a track record – our training achievements speak for themselves. Our students come back time and again for further training. Our handbooks are very highly rated by guides in the industry: An Introduction to Nature Guiding, The Nature Guide and Animal Alert! – you and the big ones.
- We offer efficient administration – we process your qualification as quickly as the system allows us to.
Garden Route Game Lodge
We specialise in guided tours of
Cape Town, Cape Point, and the Garden Route, the
Cape Wine Route, local Townships and exclusive private
tours. Together with our guides, our fleet of luxury coaches, sprinters
and Kombi's form, it is our quest for perfection that guarantees our
clients an exclusive first-class service.
Hylton Ross Tours - Marketing
No 2 Wessex Street / Paarden Eiland
Tel: 021 511 1784
Fax: 021 511 2401
Cell: 079 497 4658
KLEINPLAAS HOLIDAY RESORT
- Self Catering Chalets – serviced
- Bed & Breakfast available
- Caravan stands
- Conference facilities
- Group meals on request
Ideal base for a relaxed holiday, business
trip, or adventurer interested in exploring the arid and diverse beauty
of the Klein Karoo.
Knysna Elephant Park
Founded in 1994, and the first of its
kind in South Africa, the Knysna Elephant Park provides a home for orphaned
elephants. Join the elephants in their free-range controlled environment
where you will be able to appreciate their magnificent presence up-close-and-personal.
Whether you chose our standard daily tour, elephant back ride or the
more exclusive walking and riding safaris, this is an experience that
will stay with you forever.
Knysna Elephant Park is situated just off the N2 between Knysna (22km) and Plettenberg Bay (9km). We are open 365 days of the year.
KLEIN KAROO Ostrich Boutique
KAROO Ostrich Boutique on www.kleinkaroo.com/showroom or see us in Oudtshoorn. Genuine ostrich leather
and feather bags, gifts, fashion garments and accessories at factory
prices! GPS Position: 33° 35’ 47.18” S, 22° 11’ 19.22” E, Altitude:
Tel: +27 44 203 5242
Email: email@example.com for a FREE catalogue!